SmartStop® Self Storage is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Director of Financial Reporting in our corporate office located in Ladera Ranch, CA.
This position, Director of Financial Reporting, will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting for a new growing private REIT. Specific responsibilities include the monthly close process, the financial statement consolidation, maintaining internal controls, cash and debt management, preparing financial statements and supporting schedules for internal and external reporting, drafting technical accounting memos and managing the annual audit. The position requires strong communication skills and innovative thinking to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on financial policies and procedures and reporting requirements.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly financial reporting for Senior Management
- Complete the financial statement consolidation process
- Treasury management
- Purchase accounting and onboarding for acquisitions
- Maintain and develop SOX and administrative policies and procedures that streamline the accounting processes
- Assist management to institute best practices for accounting functions
- Assist in the preparation of internal reports for variance analysis budget vs. actuals
- Support SEC filings – offering documents and financial statement
- Coordinate and manage external financial audits
- Support the financing of real estate assets
- Work with a multitude of internal departments – accounting, operations, legal, acquisitions, investor relations, etc.
- CPA or in process of licensure preferred but not required
- Public Accounting and/or public company experience, preferred but not required
- Real Estate experience, specifically with REITs, preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills
- Project Management skills; must be able to drive a project forward
- Ability to perform technical accounting research
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or comparable work experience
- Experience preparing GAAP financial statements
- Experience with Microsoft Office required
- Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills
- Be detailed oriented while multi-tasking in a fast-paced company
- Possess creative thinking and ability to resolve issues
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. SmartStop considers all individuals on an equal basis. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- Frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Able and available to work 32 to 40 hours per week on average.
SmartStop is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
- Competitive Compensation Package| Annual Bonus Potential
- Comprehensive Benefit Package | Medical plan | Dental plan | Vision plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(K) with employer match
- Supplemental life insurance | Short-term disability coverage
SmartStop Storage Advisors LLC, is fully committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We will not tolerate discrimination in employment, employment decisions, or in business dealings on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, political affiliation, status as a parent or any other legally protected status. We believe in fostering an environment of inclusion, and seek contributors from all backgrounds to join our dynamic team. SmartStop is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.