Director/Sr Director – DIGITAL ACQUISITION
SmartStop® Self Storage is looking for an experienced, innovative digital marketing leader to lead our customer acquisition in all digital channels. This high visibility, high impact position will be responsible for defining the digital marketing acquisition strategy and leading a high functioning team to execute on that strategy. A successful candidate will have several years of experience in demand generation, paid search, SEO, social marketing, and the ability to manage key strategic initiatives in digital marketing acquisition. Essentially, this candidate owns the top of the funnel for customer acquisition.
- Responsible for all upper-funnel engagement with a primary objective to drive a high volume of qualified leads into a sales engagement
- Define the strategy for paid search (search and display) with major platforms and lead the marketing team in executing that strategy
- Manage multi-million dollar paid search spend and maximize conversion metrics within constraints of a given budget
- Drive SEO placement enhancing initiatives including driving backlinks, generating citations, ensure multi-data source accuracy of all listing locations, and publishing high-quality content for all locations
- Work with multiple external vendors to support digital acquisition initiatives and continue to evaluate vendor capability and alignment to company objectives
- Propose and evaluate new digital marketing acquisition strategies that take advantage of changing customer preferences, new technologies and/or innovative platforms
- Define A/B testing approach, develop test roadmap and execute on testing roadmap reporting results to team
- Regularly Analyze and report progress on KPIs to the internal leadership team
- Defines approach and processes for new facility onboarding with the objective of quickest time to placement and authority
- Keep pace with search engine and paid search industry trends and developments
- Coordinate initiatives with other internal marketing and operations teams to ensure optimal marketing effectiveness
- Continually motivate marketing team members to achieve new heights and evaluate direct reports performance and contributions to company success
- As needed provide marketing team organization recommendations based on planned initiatives and the current roadmap
- Experience in problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to bring innovative and creative thinking to the table.
- Confident communicator who can evangelize our marketing propositions to all team members internal and external.
- Leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in their approach to making decisions, while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- Entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry.
- Attract and recruit top talent, motivate the team, collaborate effectively and coach performance; widely viewed as a strong developer of others.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment with a bias towards making tough decisions.
- BS Degree in a relevant field of study
- 5-7+ years of digital marketing experience with preference to multi-location experience
- 2+ years in a leadership and management role, at either a Manager or Director level
- Seamless analytics capability with the ability to utilize mainstream analytic tools
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital/media channels
- Experience in using SEO data tools; Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and SEMrush.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Ability to manage and oversee both analytical and creative marketing team members
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization, as needed
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell and negotiate
- Ability to project plan and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
- Strong business acumen with the ability to set out a vision and strategic planning initiatives
SmartStop is a self-managed REIT with a fully integrated operations team of approximately 350 self storage professionals focused on growing the SmartStop® Self Storage brand. SmartStop, through a wholly owned subsidiary, also sponsors other self storage programs, including Strategic Storage Trust IV, Inc. and other private programs. It is the tenth largest self storage company in the U.S., with approximately $1.4 billion of real estate assets under management, including 113 properties in 17 states and Toronto, Canada that are directly owned and managed by SmartStop, as well as a growing portfolio of 21 properties in 8 states where SmartStop serves as the property manager for properties owned by its sponsored programs. In total, this portfolio comprises approximately 87,000 units and 10 million rentable square feet. Additional information regarding SmartStop is available at www.smartstopselfstorage.com