Home / About Us / Careers / District Manager, Dayton, OH
Reports directly to the Eastern Regional Manager of Operations, the District Manager is responsible for overseeing the fiscal and physical day-to-day operations of the self-storage facilities owned and managed by the Company.
The District Manager shall exercise discretion within company guidelines in dealing with personnel and a wide variety of operating situations (i.e. promoting increased rental business, matching competitive rates/specials, servicing tenants’ needs, collecting rents and fees, maintaining the store, etc.). The District Manager is involved in the annual budget process for each property and works directly with the Regional Manager for review and approval. The District Manager continuously monitors actual financial performance against the budgets as the year progresses.
The position of District Manager is a “field” extension of the Company and thus, representation of the Company in all situations must be done professionally. Furthermore, all duties and responsibilities related to managing, operating and maintaining the self-storage stores must be conducted in strict compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and manages all operational issues in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Manage and direct day to day reservations/rentals, delinquent tenant management and maintenance activities of Store Managers
- Some overnight travel might be needed to perform store visits with onsite personnel
- Recruit, hire, motivate and provide performance feedback for high caliber store teams to promote adequate staffing and recognize individual talents
- Perform accurate timekeeping responsibilities of store employees
- Monitor property performance and effect operational changes to achieve district goals
- Coordinate staffing schedules to effectively manage properties within budgeted parameters
- Evaluate local competition and make to maintain a competitive edge
- Ensure timely implementation and ongoing adherence to all regional and corporate initiatives for marketing, operational and business programs
- Manage expenses on a weekly basis to ensure delivery of all services, optimize spending and manage adherence to company standards
- Coordinate training efforts to maximize employee potential
- Ensure that all self-storage facilities are performing within the annual budgets and that each store achieves or exceeds the budgeted Net Operating Income
- Ensure that each self-storage facility is properly staffed and operating during the posted business hours
- Ensure that each self-storage facility is maintained to ensure that maximum curb appeal is maintained and that the facility provides customers with a clean, safe, dry and attractive environment to store their belongings
- Negotiating on behalf of the Company for various contract and related services
- Create and nurture business and marketing relationships that will enhance the overall business plans
Management & Reporting
- Furnishes information and reports regarding the stores to the Regional Manager as requested. This includes, but is not limited to: weekly written and verbal overview of each store, repair proposals and personnel issues, monthly written reports with financial variance explanations (income and expenses), store occupancies, store delinquency explanations, maintenance issues (budgeted and non-budgeted), incident status spreadsheet, marketing progress, etc.
- Recommends and implements cost savings ideas
- Oversees incidents occurring at the stores and their proper handling
- Responsible for the proper approval of invoices for the stores
Training & Policies
- Continually train all field staff on all sales and operational processes and procedures
- Maintain all company policies
- At least four years of multi-unit District Manager experience in the retail, restaurant or service industries
- Strong financial, analytical and time management skills
- Proficient with Word and Excel and web-based systems
- Proven results with the ability to drive revenue and control expenses to budget
- Proven ability to hire, train and motivate a team
- Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending plan
- Auto Allowance
- Performance Incentive Plan
How Do I Apply?
- Download the application to your computer, print it out and complete the application
- Fax it to (949) 861-6364 or scan and email it to email@example.com.