PRICING AND DATA DECISION SCIENTIST
SmartStop® Self Storage is looking for a pricing and data decision scientist to lead cutting edge development and enhancements for pricing and other customer acquisition platforms. This position will have a significant impact on the performance of the company and will be a thought leader in complex model building, demand forecasting, and automated decision making. The ideal candidate will have a solid analytical and quantitative background with statistical modeling expertise. This individual will be a charter member of building this platform so creativity and freedom to design the future are benefits of this position.
- Designs and leads the development of demand forecasting and pricing optimization initiatives within the organization
- Develop new pricing methodologies and strategies that can be employed in an automated environment
- Work with revenue management, marketing, and operations teams in understanding pricing requirements
- Design new models and methodologies for forecasting demand in a multi-channel environment
- Responsible for documenting and testing the validity of assumptions.
- Develop and test prototypes of pricing tools that provide the initial framework for enterprise pricing solutions
- Support the revenue management, marketing, and operations teams in troubleshooting of econometric modeling issues
- Experience in problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to bring innovative and creative thinking to the table.
- A confident communicator who can describe complex models and solutions to all team members internal and external.
- Thought leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in their approach to making decisions, while always taking into account what is best for the organization.
- Strong desire to work in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment with a bias towards making tough decisions.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research or related field
- 3-4+ years of experience in demand forecast and/or predictive modeling
- Strong proficiency in manipulation and analysis of diverse datasets
- Strong proficiency in one or more statistical modeling tools: SAS, MATLAB, or similar
- Programming experience in C#, Java, Python or other related language
SmartStop is a self-managed REIT with a fully integrated operations team of approximately 350 self storage professionals focused on growing the SmartStop® Self Storage brand. SmartStop, through a wholly owned subsidiary, also sponsors other self storage programs, including Strategic Storage Trust IV, Inc. and other private programs. It is the tenth largest self storage company in the U.S., with approximately $1.4 billion of real estate assets under management, including 113 properties in 17 states and Toronto, Canada that are directly owned and managed by SmartStop, as well as a growing portfolio of 21 properties in 8 states where SmartStop serves as the property manager for properties owned by its sponsored programs. In total, this portfolio comprises approximately 87,000 units and 10 million rentable square feet. Additional information regarding SmartStop is available at www.smartstopselfstorage.com