#SmartGivesBack - Holiday Giveaway
We love the holidays, but we recognize that for many this holiday season is more stressful than most. With that in mind, we want to help out with your holiday shopping and so we're giving away ten $450 Amazon gift cards in the hopes that it makes your holiday season a little brighter.
If you rent a SmartStop unit online during the month of November, you'll be automatically entered. You can also enter here by filling out this form. Submission ends Dec 4th at 11:59 PM PST. We'll announce the winners on December 7th, 2020.
1. Giveaway Period. SmartStop Self Storage, LLC (the "Sponsor") is providing the Giveaway (the "Giveaway"). The Giveaway commences at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time ("ET") on November 1, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on December 4, 2020, by which all entries must be received (the “Giveaway Period”). The computer and website of Sponsor is the official time and record-keeping device of the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend, modify or cancel the promotional period or the Giveaway, at its discretion, at any time.
2. Eligibility The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the contiguous United States (excluding U.S. Territories) and legal residents of Ontario, Canada, each of which must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor (and/or its affiliated companies), their respective immediate family members (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, regardless of where they reside), and members of their household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win the Giveaway.
3. How to Enter. If you (a) are a current customer of Sponsor are renting a storage unit during the month of November 2020, or (b) are a new customer of Sponsor and sign a rental agreement during November 2020, you will be automatically entered into the Giveaway (each, an “Entry”). As an alternate means of entry, you may enter by visiting https://smartstop.link/holiday-giveaway-2020 and completing the web entry form with your first and last name, your email address, your city, state/region, and postal code (your “Personal Information”) (also an “Entry”).
Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware that may be required to submit an Entry. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries are void. Limit one (1) Entry per person and per email account. In case of multiple Entries received from any person or account, only the first Entry received from such person or account will be considered. Any Entry that does not comply with the Entry requirements or otherwise with these Official Rules will be void, eliminated and not eligible for consideration.
4. General Entry Conditions. Valid Entries must contain all information requested. All Entries will be provided to and become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, stolen, mutilated, misdirected entries or postage-due mail, which will be disqualified; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering, participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the Giveaway for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, a computer virus, bug, or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Giveaway or acting in violation of these Official Rules or applicable law. Entries received after the Giveaway Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
5. Winner Selection. On or about December 4th, 2020, one (1) or more representative(s) or designee(s) of Sponsor (the "Judge(s)") will randomly select Ten (10) winners (the "Winners") from all eligible Entries submitted during the Giveaway Period in accordance with these Official Rules. The Winner selection process and criteria shall be in the sole discretion of the Judge(s) whose decisions are final on matters related to this Giveaway. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible Entries received. All Entries have the same odds of winning.
6. Giveaway Winner Notification. Winners will be notified via email within seven (7) days of the date of the Winners selection or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The Winners must follow instructions given by Sponsor or designated agent, including, but not limited to, responding to notification with any requested information, within seven (7) days of receiving notification. If a Canadian resident wins a prize, that person must answer a mathematical skill-testing question correctly without the benefit of any calculating devices, within a five-minute time period, before any prize will be awarded. Awarding any prize is subject to verification of each Winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If (1) a Winner cannot be contacted as specified above; (2) any notification is returned as undeliverable; or (3) a potential Winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor's sole discretion, the Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize and an alternate Winner may be selected in his/her place from among all remaining eligible Entries. Up to three (3) alternate Winners may be selected, after which the prize(s) will remain unawarded.
7. Prize Each Winner will receive an Amazon® gift card valued at Four Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($450.00). Total ARV of all Giveaway Prizes: USD Four Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($4,500.00). Federal, state, or local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of Prize. Prizes will be delivered to Winners via email.
8. No Liability; Indemnification; Damages. Sponsor is not responsible for, and Entrants release Sponsor from any failures of any kind, whether caused by computer, technical, or human error, which may either limit the Entrant's ability to submit an Entry, claim or collect a Prize, or otherwise participate in the Giveaway, or Sponsor’s ability to include all eligible entries, conduct random drawings, notify potential Winners, or otherwise execute the Giveaway in the manner intended. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify Sponsor and each of its subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the Giveaway including, but not limited to: (a) the receipt, ownership or use of any Prize awarded; (b) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an Entrant, Sponsor, and/or Provider.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SPONSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF SPONSOR IS ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT (1) ANY LEGAL OR OTHER PROCEEDING COMMENCED BY OR ON YOUR BEHALF UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL TAKE THE FORM OF AN INDIVIDUAL ACTION OR PROCEEDING (AND NOT OF A CLASS ACTION OR PUTATIVE CLASS ACTION OR OF A COLLECTIVE, REPRESENTATIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR ACTION OR PROCEEDING). CLASS ACTIONS OF ANY KIND (WHETHER PURSUED THROUGH THE COURTS ARE OTHERWISE) ARE NOT PERMITTED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES AND RELATED PARTIES ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEY'S FEES.
10. Other Terms.
A. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice and at any time, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Giveaway, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Giveaway (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming of the Giveaway website). Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrants to the fullest extent of the law.
B. The laws of the State of California shall exclusively govern the Giveaway, without regard for its conflict of law principles. By submitting an Entry, you hereby irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in California for all disputes, causes of action and claims that you may bring or initiate that arise out of or relate to the Giveaway and you hereby waive any objections to the laying of venue in such forum.
C. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. If the Giveaway is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Giveaway, as applicable, or to disqualify any Entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
12. Request for Names of Prize Winners and Official Rules. For a list of Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: SmartStop Giveaway c/o SmartStop Self Storage, 10 Terrace Rd, Ladera Ranch, CA 92694. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the names of Prize Winners must be made by December 31, 2020.