NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE ARE THE SAME AS THE CHANCES OF SOMEONE WHO MAKES A PURCHASE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: Honda Indy Toronto 2023 Ticket Giveaway (the “Promotion”) begins on July 1, 2023, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 5, 2023 at 8:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Participation in the Promotion does not constitute participation in any other promotion, contest, giveaway or sweepstakes.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of the province of Quebec, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, and is void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and members of the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- SPONSOR AND PARTICIPATION:
Sponsor: SST I Dufferin Toronto, LLC, 10 Terrace Road, Ladera Ranch, California, 92694, U.S.A.
By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. The computer and website of Sponsor is the official time and record keeping device of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend, modify or cancel the Promotion Period or the Promotion, at its sole discretion, at any time.
- HOW IT WORKS/ HOW TO ENTER: To enter, log in to your Facebook or Instagram account (Facebook and Instagram accounts are free to create at facebook.com or www.instagram.com) during the Promotion Period, and visit the Smart Stop Facebook or Instagram page (@smartstopselfstorage), “follow” @smartstopselfstorage, “like” the promotion post, and tag a friend to be eligible to win a prize in this Promotion (an “Entry”) (mobile data rates may apply). As an alternate means of Entry (“AMOE”) for the prize, you may text the phrase “Racing to Toronto Giveaway” to 727-614-8645 (mobile messaging rates may apply) for one Entry. Your Entry, whether electronic or AMOE, constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules. Participants are solely responsible for Internet connectivity, mobile messaging or data rates, software and/or hardware that may be required to submit an Entry. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries are void. Any Entry that does not comply with the Entry requirements or otherwise with these Official Rules will be void, eliminated and not eligible for consideration. Limit one (1) Entry per person, whether through social media or AMOE.
- WINNER SELECTION:
On July 6, 2023 at approximately 12:00 p.m. ET, one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from all eligible Entries (whether through social media or AMOE) submitted during the Promotion Period in accordance with these Official Rules. The selected potential winner must, as a condition of winning the prize, correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by phone, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or any other method as specified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential winner correctly answers the skill-testing question, they will be declared the official winner (the “Winner”). If the potential Winner incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, then another potential Winner will be selected and a mathematical skill-testing question will be administered in the same manner.
The Winner selection process and criteria shall be in the sole discretion of Sponsor whose decisions are final on matters related to this Promotion. The odds of winning are based on the total number of eligible Entries received for this Promotion. Entries made via Facebook or Instagram have the same odds of winning as an AMOE. By entering into this Promotion, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for the purposes of administering this Promotion through the means and method in which you submitted your Entry.
Notification. The potential Winner will be notified via Facebook or Instagram direct message or by text message if an AMOE within one (1) business day of the date of the potential Winner selection or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable. The potential Winner will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond after being contacted. In the event that the potential Winner does not respond within the twenty-four (24) hour time frame or the potential Winner does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, the next potential Winner will be contacted and the twenty-four (24) hour clock will be restarted. In the event that the next two potential Winners, do not qualify, respond, or correctly answer the skill-testing question within the twenty-four (24) hour period, the prize will not be awarded. The Winner must follow instructions given by Sponsor or designated agent within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving notification, if requested. Awarding any prize is subject to verification of the Winner's eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative is permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If (a) the potential Winner cannot be contacted as specified above; (b) any notification is returned as undeliverable; (c) the potential Winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor's sole discretion; or (d) the potential Winner does not correctly answer the skill-testing question, the potential Winner will not be awarded the prize and an alternate potential Winner may be selected in their place, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Promotion Prizes. The Winner will receive a prize as set forth below, with approximate retail values:
Prize: Two $225 2-day Gold adult weekend reserved grandstand seating tickets including two 3-day adult NTT IndyCar paddock passes, and two $175 3-day adult pit passes to the Honda Indy Toronto events located in Toronto and taking place July 14-16, 2023. The approximate retail value (ARV) of this prize is CAD $800 (plus tax). The prize does not include travel to or from Toronto or other incidental costs which may be incurred in order to claim, use, or participate in the prize.
General Entry Conditions. Valid Entries must contain all information requested. Potential Winners will be required to provide additional information in order to confirm eligibility and to be sent the prize. All Entries will be provided to and become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, stolen, mutilated, misdirected entries or postage-due mail, which will be disqualified; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from entering, participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, a computer virus, bug, or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Promotion or acting in violation of these Official Rules or any applicable law. Entries received after the Promotion Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries in the Promotion. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. NOTE: Participation must be by the participant and only as directed in these Official Rules. Participation by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any website or other platform, including but not limited to commercial promotion, subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Promotion. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited and will lead to disqualification.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, Entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the Facebook or Instagram profile used at time of submission. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a profile by Facebook or Instagram.
If due to technical, production or other errors, more prizes are claimed than intended, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from all those submitting purportedly valid claims. No more than one prize as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. A "SCREEN SHOT" IS NOT PROOF OR EVIDENCE OF AN ENTRY. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE PLATFORM SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL SAID PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WIN HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND SAID PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED. The submission of a prize claim is solely the responsibility of the participant.
UNCLAIMED/UNREDEEMED PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED. Odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries and the time and date upon which they are entered. There is no guarantee that the prize will be awarded.
- GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution, transfer of any prize or cash alternative is permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Prize winner shall be solely responsible for all federal, provincial and/or local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize. The Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”) which will (i) confirm compliance with Official Rules; (ii) agree to accept prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor for use of Winner’s first and last name social media handle by Sponsor for use in the Sponsor’s own advertising and publicity.
- If Winner fails or refuses to sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within one (1) calendar day of prize notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected.
- GENERAL: Acceptance of a prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, statements, and/or social media handle in print, publication or broadcast for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification, or permission except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities: (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize; and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer system or wireless phone which is occasioned by participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Promotion as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- RELEASE: As a condition of entering this Promotion, each participant agrees that: (A) any and all disputes, claims, controversies or causes of action arising out of or relating to this Promotion, or any prizes awarded (each, a "Claim"), shall be (1) arbitrated on an individual basis only, and shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any arbitration or other proceeding involving a Claim of any other party, and (2) settled by binding arbitration in Toronto, Ontario before a single arbitrator appointed by the Canadian Arbitration Association in accordance with its then governing rules and procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (B) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS Honda Indy Toronto, IndyCar, Green Savoree Toronto, Meta, Facebook, Instagram, and PROMOTION ENTITIES AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND AGENTS OF EACH, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, WHICH MAY BE DUE TO OR ARISE OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, USE/MISUSE OR POSSESSION OF PRIZES, OR ANY PRIZE-RELATED TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY. YOU WAIVE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER PROVINCE’S LAWS.
- WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SmartStop Self Storage, Honda Indy Toronto 2023 Ticket Giveaway, 10 Terrace Road, Ladera Ranch, CA 92694. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the end of the Promotion Period.
This Promotion may not be used for, or in connection with, any form of gambling. Void where prohibited by law. All rights reserved.